Monday, August 8, 2011

    My sweet husband

I am going to start off by saying I hope Jeremy, my husband, is not embarrassed by me writing about him. God has blessed me with an incredible husband and I would like to share a little bit about him.
    
My husband and I have a very unique story.  We met each other labor day weekend 2001.  I was 14 years old and he was 16.  A week or two later I remember peering outside of the glass doors at Immanuel baptist church to see Jeremy talking with my dad.  It looked as if they were in deep discussion and I had no clue what it could possibly be about.  Later that night, Jeremy pulled me aside and explained that he had talked with my dad and asked if he could "go out" with me and with my dad's permission he wondered if I would "go out" with him.  Of course I said yes!  What 16 year old guy would ask a father to just date his daughter?  I knew he was different and something special.  Because I was only 14 we were not allowed to go on dates alone until I turned 16 years old.  We were allowed to hang out with friends and family present though. My sweet husband waited  2 years until he was 18 years old to take me on a date.  

My husband has had his share of past experiences that I would definitely deem dysfunctional, but God protected his heart and with the guidance from his mother and stepfather Jeremy grew up to be a respectful MAN of God.  His love for his mother and sisters amaze me and I am so happy that God gave us a daughter for him to have that special bond with also.  

I am so blessed to have such a strong Christian husband by my side.  He was there with me while my mother was sick and when she passed away.  After my mom passed away, I would wake up in the night with horrible nightmares.  He would be there with me, praying with me.

Jeremy is a man after God's heart.  He works hard at his job as a youth minister, and he has a heart for students.  His desire is that they come to know Jesus Christ and that they are constantly growing in their knowledge of Him.  

Jeremy is an incredible father.  He is patient, which is something I struggle with.  He disciplines out of love instead of anger.  He loves his son and is teaching him what it is to be true man on a daily basis.  He is so sweet to his little girl.  She is in love with him.  I believe she would prefer him over me.  He knows how to go from being rough and tough playing with our son Cameron to being sweet and loving with our daughter Karsten.  

Other reasons I love and am blessed by Jeremy:
He is the Christian leader of our family
He spoils me
He respects me
He speaks kinds words to me, lifting me up,
constantly telling me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am to him.
He will sacrifice for me
He works all day and comes home and immediately jumps right in, helping me with the kids and house!
The list could go on and on....

I know Jeremy will be embarrassed by this post, but I felt like bragging on my sweet husband today!

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy is a wonderful husband and father, Erin! And, I'm sure anyone would be quick to say you're a wonderful wife and mother! I'm glad things are going well with you and your family. I wish we lived closer together; I miss talking with you!

    ReplyDelete